The Ontario Federation of Teaching Parents (OFTP) is a non-profit, volunteer-managed group committed to providing information about and support of home-based education to our members and the public at large.
We envision universal acknowledgement and acceptance of home-based education as a viable educational model. OFTP will be recognized as a significant and valuable authority and advocate for home-based education in Ontario.
- We support parental choice in education as stated in the United Nations'
Universal Declaration of Human Rights (26.3)
- We believe that parents have the right to determine the satisfactory
nature of instruction for their children.
- We believe in the universal right to family autonomy and freedom of choice,
under the law.
- We believe in fostering cooperation and unity among various home-based
- We respect and support the diversity that exists in the home-based education
community which represents a broad spectrum of families embracing many different
religious, philosophical, ethnic and home-based education traditions.
- We believe in the rights of parents to choose the educational method
that is in alignment with their beliefs and the learning style of their
- We respect the uniqueness of all children and their right to play an important role in their own education